2012 Optical Communications Market Update Following a 3% Decline in H1-2012
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8ldpmm/optical) has announced the addition of the "Optical Communications Market Update 2012" report to their offering.
Global sales of optical transceivers used in communication networks declined by 3% in the first half of 2012, compared to the same period of 2011. However, the market is on track to finish the year in a positive territory mostly due to rapidly increasing sales of 40GigE and 100GigiE products, solid demand for 10GigE optics in datacenters and at a least a minor improvement in the telecom market projected for the second half of 2012. While numerous network upgrade projects continue worldwide, fierce competition among suppliers of telecom equipment, optical components and modules pushes down prices and negatively impacts revenue growth.
Analysis of publicly reported revenues of equipment vendors combined with confidential sales data of optical components and modules, collected by LightCounting, offer a unique insight into market dynamics, presented in this report. The report also presents analysis of network bandwidth growth calculated from data on shipments of opto-electronic interface modules employed in telecom, enterprise, and storage area networks. This approach to tracking the market offers an effective method for identifying the timing and scope of infrastructure upgrade cycles, technology transitions, and even product life cycles.
In addition to in-depth market analysis, this report offers summaries of the latest business developments and financial performance for leading equipment manufacturers. It also includes sales data on more than 100 product categories covering the period from Q1 2011 to Q2 2012 for SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, CWDM, DWDM, FTTx transceivers, and high speed optical interconnects, including active optical cables. The report also discusses guidance for the second half of 2012 and potential changes to LightCounting's market forecast published in June 2012. Data for the report was provided by more than 20 leading module and component vendors.
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1. Telecom Equipment Market and Vendor Highlights
- ADTRAN struggles in early 2012 after record revenues in 2011
- ADVA targets financial services vertical for revenue growth
- Alcatel-Lucent disappoints but positions new products
- Ciena sees positive impact from acquisition of Nortel's MEN unit
- Ericsson responding to competition in packet optical technology
- Fujitsu focuses on the Cloud and a commanding presence in Japan
- Huawei brings next-generation capabilities to optical networks and lands on top
- Infinera bets on 500 Gbps PIC technology to attract Tier 1 customers.
- Nokia Siemens Networks renews focus on US market
- Tellabs closes a difficult year and bets its future on mobile backhaul and network intelligence markets
- ZTE revenues rise while concerns pile up
Section 2: Ethernet and Storage Networking Equipment Market and Vendor Highlights
- Brocade Networks reports strong sales 10 Gbps and 16 Gbps products.
- Cisco completes restructuring and moves forward weathering the market
- Dell: Proprietary storage revenues grow
- EMC has been on a roll
- Emulex host bus adapters, LOMs for Ethernet growing nicely
- HP embarks on a turnaround
- IBM is holding to normal seasonality
- Juniper Networks holding steady as new products launch
- QLogic revenues impacted by soft IT spending
- Section 3: Sales of Optical Components and Modules
- SONET/SDH Transceiver Market
- CWDM and DWDM Interfaces
- Ethernet transceivers
- Fibre Channel transceiver market
- FTTx transceivers
- Optical interconnect market
Appendix A: Quarterly Sales Data of Telecom and Datacom Networking Equipment Suppliers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8ldpmm/optical
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=20&campaign_id=8ldpmm), Advanced Technology (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=31&campaign_id=8ldpmm)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To dark-fiber.tmcnet.com's Homepage ]